Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mouse and House-hunting

Seen these looks before? Butch has been on a roll with the mice/rats this week! In addition to catching 3 that we have seen, she found a nest under the stove in the camp kitchen and chowed down on at least 6 babies (those were the ones I witnessed), about the size of my thumb.
(Yes, my hair looks red. Let that be a lesson to try to experiment with hair color in Asia where lighter is the only way to go. "Dark brown" turned me auburn. Better luck next time.)


My new teammate, K, and I have been house-hunting (well, village hunting) this week. We think we found our village, but until we have a house offer, it's not official.



Beyond the village, the road begins to break down.

3 comments:

Julia said...

You're so brave SJ, thinking of you x x

Unknown said...

hey mommie..pls drop by at my blog..http://mariasitorus.blogspot.com..cheers!

Melody Latrice said...

wow...sj. when i saw you holding that mouse, all i thought was 'now that's just plain NASTY...haaaaaa!' glad your cat is doing her job. i like the new hair color and the cut. i'm starting to like it more, but i LOVE your hair long. ta-ta. ~ m