Friday, July 9, 2010

Michael Card

It's weird to feel like you know someone when they don't know who you are. He was a regular part of the family throughout my childhood. His music soothed my soul in my teens, twenties, and to this day. This week I learned that we all have a music "heart language." I realized that his music largely defines my music heart language--"comfort food" for the soul, music that is like an old friend, the style in which you naturally compose should you try your hand at it.

I got to see him 4 days in a row and hear him speak/sing/play 3 days in a row. SO fun. What an amazing teacher and musician and unbelievably humble man.

Click here to listen to a great interview with Michael Card.
(or right-click on the link to save the file so you can listen to it later on your iPod or mp3 player)

No comments: