Saturday, July 12, 2008

"KAWAN" means companion or friend

Okay, so having a companion is a big deal in this culture. I know this, because ANY time I don’t have someone by my side, I get asked where or who my companion is? And likely I will then have the company of the inquirer, whether I want it or not. But really, it has gone to a new level now….

This week we got ourselves a kitten. And let me tell you, that cat CANNOT BE ALONE!!! She will NOT eat the food we put out for her (rice), but will go next door and eat with the neighbor’s cat (rice). I ran over to get her, horrified that the neighbors would think that I don’t feed my cat, but they said knowingly, “She needs a friend. Leave her be.” She howls and howls if she is alone—to the point that a little bit ago I looked up from my bed, and there were 2 cats in our house! They had come in through the open window, searching to console the cry of a desperate fellow cat. Wow.

1 comment:

putri nirmala said...

Ehehehe, mbak sri juga punya kucing di rumah, jenis kelaminnya betina. Saya ikut memelihara juga. Nama kucingnya Apus. Kucing kamu yang ada di atas tempat tidur itu kah? lucu sekali! hehehehe...