Thursday, January 22, 2009

THR3E, by Ted Dekker

Spent all day reading this book yesterday. The last time I remember wasting a whole day on a book was in Haiti (a Francine Rivers novel). I'm sure there have been a few other times since, but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

If you like mystery/suspense, give it a go! I'm actually not really sure what genre it goes in, I think some compared it to John Grisham, but anyway, I really enjoyed this. I'm dying for someone else to read it so I can talk about it. It's too easy to spoil the story, so I'll just have to wait. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to get you and your sister to read his books several years ago. Your sister was even trying to figure out if you guys knew him and his family since her grew up in Indonesia. He has a bunch of books and they are all that good or better.

Tami Cox

Anonymous said...

My mom said "Ask her if she realizes that is probably her Aunt's book"

Tami

SJ said...

Hey there! I sure do remember our conversation about Ted Dekker. Just never got round to reading any of his books. Since dad had Three there, I went ahead and took it. Good stuff! I’ll always remember you as the one who first told me about Ted Dekker. :) Didn't realize that was your mom's book, though! It has made quite a journey and seen the world, eh? :)

Brandon & Tammy said...

yes, his are all good and you really need to read the trilogy with the books titled, 'Black', 'Red', and 'White'. Really really good. And it's so cool to read how the people eat rambutan and other stuff- since he grew up in Irian.

Megan said...

Remember when you used to read Mandie books? haha, I bet you wasted a whole day reading one of those once upon a time. Haha, probably not in the same league and this book though.

Ruth said...

Hi SJ,

I've read Thr3e :) but it's been awhile and I don't know how much I remember. There are a couple others of his that I liked better. and right now I am in 'a fog' and can't recall the names of the ones I've read! brrrk...but they were really good :D

Ruth Snyder