Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini

Last year I watched the movie. A while back I started the book and finished it last night. What a flippin' great writer! Hosseini is brilliant. Heart-breaking, but oh so good. I love his word pictures. Here are a couple of examples:
...a stranger's jeep is parked in the driveway of our house, pissing oil all over the asphalt.
and:
...I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Jessica Stock said...

Hey! Glad I can get to your blog again. For some reason it kept saying I was blocked . . . I loved this book!! Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author? It is EXCELLENT too. I highly recommend it!