Monday, March 23, 2009

Bourne Marathon

So yesterday for the first time I watched The Bourne Identity, then The Bourne Supremacy, and then The Bourne Ultimatum, all in one afternoon/evening. Enjoyed them all.

It's been a while since I've watched an action movie. Oddly,
it was just us girls watching; no guys. Go figure. Hopefully they'll put out another movie soon--I want the David Webb bit! I guess Eric Van Lustbader took Jason Bourne and ran like crazy with him in The Bourne Legacy,... Betrayal,... Sanction, and now The Bourne Deception, due to be released this year. Has anyone been reading the whole series? Can they possibly stay good all the way? How far will this go? How does an author obtain permission to use another author's character and story line?

After a little research, I have discovered (what maybe you already know) that Robert Ludlum--author of The Bourne Identity; Supremacy; and Ultimatum--died in 2001 and 3 years later Van Lustbader picked up the Jason Bourne character, 14 years after The Ultimatum was written. Apparently that particular film was very loosly based on the book. There was a crazy bunch of background on David Webb not included in the movies. I wonder which author laid it out? Can't figure out which book all that background is in. Curious if it will come forth in a later movie? If they don’t make another Bourne movie, I may be forced to read the books. Ack! More books by my bed....

1 comment:

Liz said...

i really like those movies too!! hope all is going well!