Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to the Basics?

How We Make Working Work For Us

I love it!!! Saw that link on my friend's blog. I can't tell you how it made me smile! I was immediately transported back to the days of my youth in West Papua, seeing mothers working in the gardens with their babies on their backs in their string bags (tried to find examples online; see below--no babies in these pics). Irony from so many angles, as we in the west are generally considered to be the "advanced" ones in technology and thought, and here is an example of the west finally catching up to the "primitive" ways of those who live in what is often considered stone age living. I mean no disrespect to any party, I just found myself totally humored by the article, trying to figure out how these cycles of discovery and new invention work. I don't know if I'm making any sense whatsoever....

No comments: