Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Good Times

After Virginia, my aunt dropped my dad and I off at the airport in Charlotte. Dad started his flights back to Singapore and my very good friend from Orlando, Emily, picked me up from the airport. She now lives in Charlotte. I got to meet her son, Alex, now 9 months old, and he has got to be the most chilled out baby I have ever met! Well, I say that, but bathtime is a 2-adult job. :) It was so good to hang out with Emily and her husband, Marshall. It felt like old times, and as I look at these pictures again, I wish I could go back and stay another week... or month... or just move to Charlotte. Whenever Alex was napping or asleep in the evenings, I felt like it was still 2006 and we were hanging out in Orlando. Then Alex would be awake, and it was like, Huh? who is this?

Emily had baked my favorite cookies and bought my favorite ice cream, ready for me when I arrived. It is so nice to be known. I felt loved. We enjoyed Mexican, I learned about Wii, Marshall carved a pumpkin, I got to give candy to trick-or-treaters, Alex got crammed into a cat suit (which, in the end, we did not repeat for Halloween), Marshall helped me record some songs I had written, we played farkle, got caught up on each other's guilty pleasures (they are fully introduced to the IT Crowd now, and I learned about The Big Bang Theory), and just hung out. It was wonderful. Note the little partial smile on Alex's face while he is watching TV from his yellow ExerSaucer. That is the general look on his face while he's watching TV. Too cute.

No comments: