Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll...

During my week with Emily, I went down to Waxhaw to borrow a car for my travels (thank you, Hess's!) and spent a couple nights with the Hopkins. I had a suite all to myself and spent the day in isolation except when summoned for mealtimes. :) I was pampered and loved. Thank you, Ann and Tom!

On Sunday I went to Messiah, where I attended through high school with my family. I got to have lunch with Tim, Sue, and Matt afterwards, and catch up on their lives. Missed having Mike and Robin there. Mmmmm to the the mesquite chicken salad at Chili's.

On Monday, Nov 2, I drove over to the Edgeworth's in Weddington and got to visit with them over dinner and breakfast. Then they drove off to the beach for the week, and I stayed behind, enjoying their lovely home, pretending it was my own for a few days. I enjoyed cable TV and the great window views and had friends over and was, in general, a bum. Oh, and I fed their 4 outdoor cats, including the one with 6 toes.

On Wednesday morning I had hoped to have Mieke (my childhood best friend's little sister) come over for a visit, but Tuesday evening she made an early trip to the hospital to be induced due to some complications. Jace Ezekiel was born at 1:20 am on Nov 4 with barely one push, weighing 5 lbs, 6 oz. I got to go visit with them the next night. He was a sleepy little bundle (worn out from circumcision that morning), and was not happy when Mieke let me wake him for feeding time.

No comments: