Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rolling on to Boone

Friday evening last week I began making my way slowly towards Boone. I drove to Gastonia and spent the night with Danny and Sue, friends of my parents from before my life. I had a lovely visit with them, hearing stories from their first years of knowing my parents and also grandparents.

The next day I met up with with a college friend in Hickory. We ate at a place called "Ham's" and I was amazed that their lengthy menu had hardly any swine choices on it! Our waiter thought Tara and I were twins, or at the very least, sisters. I think we might have gotten that in college, too. Maybe we need to check our genealogies. :)

I spent the night in Hickory with more family friends--back from before I can remember. I got to join them for church Sunday, which was a lot of fun--a family was there from Haiti!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I don't think you're that alike.....