Friday, August 22, 2008

My Hemisphere

So, after about a year back in the States, my sister is now only a couple time zones away from me. And thanks to the wonderful world of Internet, I can talk to her almost without planning ahead! It is so fun to have her on this side of the world. My parents just took off back to the States (mom had bilateral knee replacement--ouch!--on the 15th of Aug), so I was left alone in this hemisphere, but now I have been rejoined by my sister. I happened to be at camp where I check email, noticed an email that had come through from my sister only moments before, so I hopped on skype, and VOILA! We got to have a little Friday night chat! One in which we could both say "good night." Lovely. :)

Actually, in all honesty, it is almost as easy to catch my parents online with skype on the other side of the world. But it ends with "have a good day" and "have a good night" at the same time. How wonderful Internet is! It connects the whole world right at your fingertips. Now if only they could figure out a way to instantly send over a piece of that warm bread my sister's neighbor just dropped off over at her apartment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah ortho improvements can be awsome after the initial aches ofit all goes away.
My Mom has worked her way through a left knee and a firend (sp) has somehow worked through a new hip. highly venerable and very strong women like your Mom. Much comfort and willful strength is prayed of for her! in this time of powerful healing.... Amen!