Saturday, August 23, 2008

Why DID the chicken cross the road???

I was driving my motorcycle down the road today--on the left side, where we drive here. From my right a rooster bolts from his safe position well off the road, darts onto the road, crosses over the road to my side, and comes to a screeching full stop--smack dab in the middle of my path. WHY?????!!! I want to know.

Chickens have got to be THE DUMBEST animals ever!!! Or at least close to the top. You really get terribly accurate insight into the chicken jokes living on this island.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SJ - Glad to hear your big sis is near and you are doing well. Sorry, I don't know why chickens cross the road.

Bruce

Jessica Stock said...

this is TOO funny! I can just imagine!

Anonymous said...

DouG writes "it is my near firm understanding that deer and other fast moving critters are not concerned with obstacles as much as trying to race you,or even to hinder your forward motion with nary a thaught at all. Prolly sure chickens cross the road not only to get to the other side - also to get out of the area to find differing foods and ya know some birds do find some theee best scratch flavors from off the ground and in the air. No, certainly not flavors we would like yet i ain't thunkin they taste much seein how fast many of them peck and eat. If blog too long please intruct. Thanks"