Thursday, August 28, 2008

The New Hilton

Yeah, so my idea of a great getaway has definitely changed. On Monday we drove 2+ hours away to a town to do more language (orthography) surveys. We stayed in a little local guest house type place. It had a single bed with a trundle, just enough space to pull out the trundle bed, a floor fan, and a bathroom which was just big enough for a squatty potty. I tell you what, that place was a great getaway! It was so relaxing! Mostly because I was able to hole up in the room and not talk to anyone, and because they had electricity the whole time we were there. I wish I took pictures; there is not really a way to describe the place. This is the only pictue I have. Not much to see, as I couldn't back up for perspective. :) I would be mortified to stay there if I came across it in the U.S.. But here... wow. I loved it.

1 comment:

Jessica Stock said...

This post makes me think of the time Lynda and I got to visit you in H and some of the lovely accomodations we had that one night in town! Glad you got some r&r, however!