Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birthday # 33

Surprise! I am still in shock. My mom and sister showed up from Singapore
at my kost Friday night to spend the weekend with me. That afternoon I had been hankering after girlie time--sleepover, movies, chocolate, pampering.... And boy did I ever get a weekend full of it! And with my best girl friends in the world.

Dad had been traveling around Indonesia and was in Jakarta Saturday night, so we were a family of 4 for 16 hours. There couldn't have been a
better way to celebrate my birthday.
I kept saying, "I just can't believe that you came! We were just together in Singapore and will be together again for Christmas...!" My dad said, "We are going to burn up the road between Singapore and Jakarta while we can. After you leave in May we don't know how often we'll be able to get together."
I felt so valued and loved. When mom and Charis left Sunday afternoon, I walked inside starting to feel sad they were gone, and then my team from the island called to wish me a happy birthday. As we were wrapping up a fun long chat, there was a knock on my door and it was my good friend from down the street. No chance for loneliness. : )



Fancy breakfast buffet Sunday morning before dad had to leave us.

1 comment:

Becca said...

oh how wonderful! :)