Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you...

(see video link at end of post)
Unbelievable confirmations and ever-increasing joy have been my companions this last week or so. Certainly goodness and mercy are at my heels. When I considered moving to this massive city, my biggest dread was traffic. I could not imagine having to deal with sitting in it and especially paying exorbitant taxi fares to get around (or sit around as it would be). To jump to the punch line of one of God's great blessings, I can currently WALK to:
  • work (12 min)
  • church (1 min)
  • all kinds of local cuisine (from 2 steps to however many steps I am in the mood for)
  • my bank or an ATM (3 min)
  • an open-air, fresh-produce market (5 min)
  • a dry market (clothes, jewlry etc) - 5 min
  • several convenience stores (around 5 min or less)
  • the dentist (2 min)
  • pharmacy (3 min)
  • photo printing (1 min)
  • salons for haircuts, massages, etc (3 min)
  • my new wonderful friend's place (6 min)
  • post office (4 minutes)
  • internet cafes (4, 8, and 10 min)
  • dorm where co-workers live (less than 10 min)
  • three mega-malls (10-20 min)--where you can get ANYTHING
...just to name a few. After a massive inner struggle & finally surrendering my desperation to be "settled," He provided me with a living situation that:
  • does not compromise my integrity
  • has high security
  • is with 8 other working girls near my age
  • gives me space to myself nearly the size of the house C & I shared
  • has a tiled, indoor bathroom! (my room is also tiled)
  • does my laundry for me!
  • includes a great kitchen
  • has 2 big refrigerators
  • has indoor gardens
  • includes my own terrace (ok, private access to the cement roof) : )
  • has tons of closet , drawer, desk, cabinet space for organizing, which means I was able to completely unpack my belongings for the first time in several years
An all-around, beautiful, massive house with several living room areas, located in a place of utmost convenience (as you can see from the first list).
Click here for a video of my new life--New Haven, ride to work, and some stills. Sorry I'm not very steady with the camera! Try not to get sea sick.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all just sounds so wonderful......ahhh the city. Praising the Father for His provision and timing.
-Brooke

Mandy Leigh said...

God is so good! Thank you for sharing the lists and encouraging us!

Julia said...

Well done you SJ. Glad its working out so far. Think of you often and LOVE reading your blog - challenged and blessed.

Anonymous said...

Teman, memang sy ikut bersukacita! remembering His Word in Is 30:15, "in repentence and rest is your salvation; in quietness and trust is your strength." His provision is perfect, strengthening us as we trust and follow His plan. I look forward to keeping up with you via happyliver. Giving Him praise and glory for HE has done it, JJ in Medan

Jessica Stock said...

Your video was so interesting to watch! I am so glad you are experiencing his peace and blessings!

megan said...

AAAH! I loved this video! I loved your place and the traffic and your room and most of all I loved hearing your voice!! I can't say the last time I heard you speak??

Natasha said...

That was awesome, thank you for sharing it. Loved the windows and the gardens, so beautiful! Miss you so much!